Everyone is welcome at Burradon Farm, so please let us know if there is any more that we can do to make your stay a pleasant one. Below are features common to all of our properties that make for easier accessibility, then each cottage and house is examined in more detail. If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
General Site Access
- Designated drop off and level parking areas, close to all houses and cottages.
- Car parking areas are well lit and each house and cottage has a movement sensitive light outside back and front doors.
- Pathways are either flat or gently sloped from car park to the property, and ramps can be provided for the 120mm-150mm step into each house or cottage.
- The cottages are all on one level with predominantly laminate flooring for ease of movement. Floor rugs can be removed if proving difficult.
- Assistance dogs welcomed.
- Reliable mobile phone coverage and excellent WIFI internet access.
- Easy access to lawns and gardens where chairs and tables are provided.
Swallow Cottage and Wheatlands Cottage Access
- Swallow Cottage has been specifically constructed with disabled guests in mind, and has been assessed by VisitEngland as meeting the National Accessible Scheme for Mobility.
- Tiled entrance hall leads to open plan living/dining/kitchen area in Swallow.
- Tiled entrance hall leads to open plan living/dining/outside raised patio area in Wheatlands. In both there is space for wheelchairs to manoeuvre comfortably.
- All the bedrooms are sufficiently spacious to allow wheelchair transfer into bed and the disabled guest has the choice of a single bed or a king size double bed.
- Bedrooms have wardrobes with adjustable hanging rails, dressing tables and chairs.
- Lighting levels are bright, with accessible light switches and sockets. Colour contrasts to enhance the décor and aid those with sight difficulties.
- The bathroom in Swallow has wall mounted grab rails by the toilet and a specially designed roll in shower with drop down wall seat. No bath.
- The bathroom in Wheatlands is spacious with both a bath with grab rails and a wet-room area into which a wheelchair can be pushed.
- Swallow kitchen is specially adapted with the wheelchair user in mind having a kitchen sink and gas hob with clear underspace for wheelchair users, easily accessed cupboards and specially designed side opening oven door.
Rose Cottage and Honeysuckle Cottage Access
- Both are single storey cottages with some tiled and some carpeted floors.
- Sitting rooms and bedrooms are spacious but more limited space in the bathroom and galley kitchens.
- Standard door sizes, but right hand bends into kitchen and bathroom.
- Standard corner shower with step up into shower tray.
- Traditional arched full length sitting room windows open out onto paved patio area set in rose or honeysuckle strewn walled garden.
Maltpool and Buttermilk Cottage Access
- Sloped paved pathway to cottage door.
- Laminate floors throughout, all on one level.
- 30’’ door space for easy access.
- Generously proportioned rooms with more than adequate space for turning a wheelchair.
- Corner cubicle shower with standard sized step up into shower.
Forge and Pele Cottages Access
- Forge has 2 long shallow steps in the pathway leading to the front door.
- For Pele Cottage, a car can be parked immediately outside the front door.
- Some tiled, some carpeted floors, all on one level.
- Standard door sizes in both cottages, but overall Forge has easier access to each room.
- Corner shower cubicle with standard sized step up into shower.
Jacobswell, Haselor, Chaff and Briarhill Houses and The Farm Cottages Access
- All are 2 storey buildings with a staircase and no lift.
- All bedrooms are upstairs, but all have a downstairs toilet.
- All have spacious sitting, dining and kitchen areas.
- Briarhill House has a double bedroom ensuite (bath with overhead shower) on the ground floor - this is ideal for families or groups where there is a less able member.
Northumberland, Northumbria, self catering, holiday, cottage, cottages, accommodation, country, countryside, rural, coastal, beach, travel, holiday cottage, North of England, northumbrian,
pets welcome, castles, premier cottages,holiday cottages,self-catering,self catering,holiday rentals,holiday accommodation,country cottages,farm holidays,short breaks,
weekend breaks,midweek breaks,winter breaks,northumberland,alnwick,morpeth,rothbury,northumberland national park,cheviots,newcastle,northumberland,hadrian's wall,hadrians wall,
tyne and wear,tyne,cottage,flat,house,rental,rent,farm,burradon,countryside,rural,accomodation,letting,holiday,business,housing,where to stay,pele tower,killingworth,cobalt business park,
a19,a1,western bypass,seaton deleval,shiremoor,backworth,luxury,farm,coast,tynemouth,whitley bay,north shields,short,long,term,weekend break,month,north,north-east,traditional
We are listed on Lovetoescape who also have a great range of Bed and Breakfasts including B&Bs in Northumberland National Park and Lake District Bed and Breakfasts .Cramlington holiday rentals